Saturday, January 17, 2009

I am a Plagiarist, Apologist, a Walrus-gecko-lizard. Ah Oh.

I don't know that I have done anything interesting lately, I don't even think I have anything original to say. I do have some quotes from other people.

A couple days ago I was playing Resident Evil 4, mainly because Mufasa said if I didn't, he'd run some blood tests and prove that we weren't really related. And I hate needles. Anyways, I got to the part just before you meet Ashley in the church. Of course, I was knifing the barrels, when one of them happened to have an incendiary grenade in it. Finding this just a tad odd, I said, "why would a church have a grenade sitting in a barrel?" To which Mufasa replied:
"It's a Spanish church."

Huh. Fair enough.

I also fought this one guy that I swear is rip-off of the troll from Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring. Apparently Mufasa and his buddies call this creature "Mr. Growlie-growlie," probably because of his shorts. Well anyway, I did the logical thing and took out the rocket launcher. Killed him in one shot. Mufasa made me start over and fight him the 'proper way.' Pfft. I was glad I'd saved that dog from the bear trap.

I also recently finished "The Colour of Magic" by Terry Pratchett (did you ever realize how many Terry's write fantasy? I'm almost beginning to think it's a prerequisite) and though I was a bit disappointed, it did redeem itself a bit at the end. One of my favorite quotes was when one of the characters starts hearing voices in their head, and this section reminded me, almost to an uncomfortable level, of an internal monologue I go through daily. [Note: so I don't get attacked by rabid Discworld fans, this is not a direct quote. The book is a further away than my arm can reach.]

"I think I'm going out of my mind."
"Good. It was beginning to get crowded in here."

If it makes you feel I'm any saner I hit my head really hard on a metal bar yesterday and there is a large bump. My little sister wants to be called Mo-Mo, after a peach. I thought about calling her Phyllis anyway, because I don't trust her. Or you, for that matter. She keeps staring at this picture on the wall in the hotel room. Personally, I don't know what she sees in it. I can't tell if these paragraphs help or hurt. I really don't care, but as a writer, I am of course worried about your comfort as a reader.

Oh yeah, and the other day as we were maniacally studying Japanese, my so-called friend Bosley (the toucher or semis) killed me. Yeah, I couldn't believe it either. However, it did bring up an interesting debate. You see, in Japanese, there's two words for existing. Imasu, います, for living things (like people and armadillos), and arimasu, あります, for non-living things (like chairs and paper airplanes). So what would an un-dead human be considered? I dunno. We never did settle on an answer. Sometimes productive things can be distracting from the little things that really matter in life.

I tried to drink another Sobe, but the cap wouldn't open. I had to use a knife, and that was difficult. Would you really trust the person who wrote this blog with a knife?

Yeah.

2 comments:

  1. So when robots become sentient, any day now probably, would imasu then be used? Or more importantly, would they want our brains? (oh no, robot zombies!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I knew Gertie. I wish Ah knew.

    ReplyDelete